2 rib eye steaks, 3/4-1 inch thick (Bone-In)
1. First take the steak out of the fridge and salt it to taste. Next, rub some olive oil on both sides of the steak. Now salt again, and pour your crushed peppercorns on to your likings.
2. Leave your steak on the counter for about 30 minutes so it can reach room temperature. start heating up your grill, or broiler while you wait.
3. Allow your grill, or broiler to get really hot before you throw your steak on it.
4. Grab the steak with tongs or by hand, do not use a fork, and put it on the grill. You should only have to flip the steak twice, and more and it’s considered counterproductive.
5. It should take about 3 minutes on each side to be just under medium. 140 degrees would be considered medium rare, 160 would be medium, and 180 would be really well done. This steak is best between 140-155 degrees.
6. When the steak is done cooking take it out, and let it rest for 3 minutes, and you’ll notice all kinds of juices just pouring out of the meat this has all the flavor so don’t drain it.
Leave a Comment