THE BEST CUT OF STEAK TO BBQ ON MY BACKYARD GRILL (gas)?

Home Forums Grilling THE BEST CUT OF STEAK TO BBQ ON MY BACKYARD GRILL (gas)?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Walter 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

wheelsut

What is the best cut of steak to grill on my gas BBQ??? I have tried several and each time it is hit or miss on toughness. I just want some thought how I can get a great steak juicy and tender. I am assuming the cut of beef has a lot to do with this? Thanks for your help!! JTW

BourbonBBQer

The cut has everything to do with it. Ribeyes are so great for grilling because of all the fat marbling. However, leaner cuts can be just as juicy. With ribeyes, I cook them roughy 6 mins per side over medium heat, roughly 350 degrees. This is based on 1″ thick steaks. With more lean cuts, sear them first over a high heat and then move to lower heat zone (medium) for around 6 mins per side. This is all based on a done was of medium rare. (Slightly warm pink center).

Walter

Follow the link to Broil King, there you will find a video and a chart to grilling the perfect steak. As far as what kind of steak, The Ribeye is going to be the most flavorful, However the NY Strip will be the most tender and the Porterhouse/T-bone is a NY strip with a filet attached. The Porterhouse has a larger filet. If you don’t know what to look for in the meat always buy choice grade or better. If you are somewhat familiar with meat look for a “No-Roll” that is highly marbled. A “No-Roll” is from an older steer that is USDA inspected but not able to be graded because of the age of the animal, just remember it must be highly marbled and you can save yourself some big bucks.
    http://www.broilkingbbq.com/videos/grilling_tips/how_to_grill_the_perfect_steak

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Scroll to top