Franklins BBQ- Austin Tx.

Home Forums Favorite BBQ Restaurants Franklins BBQ- Austin Tx.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Walter 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tj

Trust me I’ve eaten at at least 50% of Texas Monthly’s Texas to 50 BBQ joints. I got to Franklins at 6:30am and was number 8 in line. The line grew longer and longer by about 10am and some of the people about 75% of the way back were told there would be no ribs or brisket. I was really worried that I was going to be let down as I didn’t understand all the reviews that put Franklins so high above others that I thought were perfect 10’s. I will tell you I would stand in line again and again for that BBQ. I had brisket, ribs, and sausage and I was blown away. The bbq was so good! I would recommend to anyone in the Austin area to treat yourself to this exceptional BBQ.

Walter

I’m always afraid to try BBQ joints for fear of being disappointed and living in NE Ohio and SW Pa. (Pittsburgh area) your choices are far and few between. In Pittsburgh we HAD a good BBQ restaurant called Red River BBQ but they went out of business because of mismanagement. So now we are stuck with the chains like Smokey Bones which I guess could be worse. That’s why I do it myself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Scroll to top